Innovation and talent
Most dynamic economies have embedded innovation ecosystems and an infusion of human capital to fuel economic growth, but Oklahoma City is trailing its peer cities across measures from R&D to startup creation. Oklahoma City must have the best talent and proactively create new technology and ideas to maximize its economic potential.
Strengthen our entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Launch an “Innovation 3.0” effort through best-practice entrepreneurial models: identification of gaps, evaluation and recruitment of national resources, and support of existing local resources.
- Engage our corporate community in the entrepreneur space by increasing internal venture funds, corporate accelerator programs and partnerships with startup companies.
- Expand the tech, bioscience and healthcare industries by supporting startup/second-stage company growth.
Increase our talent pipeline
- Develop and execute a nimble framework that promotes, sources, delivers, develops and retains key skills in Central Oklahoma, with specific support for key regional economic sectors (OKC OnRamp).
- Establish business and industry as the lead voice within Greater Oklahoma City for regional skills delivery solutions.
- Create a more seamless communication and delivery relationship between key economic sector employers and talent providers.
Partner with higher education
- Engage higher education partners to focus on new research and innovation programs to support business needs.
- Align our university and research clusters to increase their research and development production, tech transfer opportunities, and university spinoff companies.
- Cooperation with Central Oklahoma career techs to produce needed programs and training models.
For more information, or to get involved in Forward Oklahoma City, please contact Jeff Seymour at 405-297-8991.