Now that it's both the weekend and the start of a new month, it's a good time to look at ways to explore Oklahoma City and the surrounding regions or find local events that you want to attend.
The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber and the Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) both offer plenty of resources to help you do that. Here's a list of five:
- The CVB's newly designed website, www.visitokc.com, offers an extensive list of ideas for getting out and about in OKC, whether you're looking for events, restaurants, trip planning ideas or other things to do. You'll find museums, family fun and even ideas specific to August.
- Request or pick up a copy of the Oklahoma City Visitors Guide or view it online.
- Read The Better Life Blog each week for new posts. Although the blog and entire A Better Life OKC site is geared for people who have just moved to Oklahoma City or are in the process of relocating here, it is full of ideas for long-time OKC residents, too. We at the Chamber consistently turn to it for new ideas ourselves. Take a look, and share it with a friend!
- Check out the calendar that appears each week at the bottom of each Better Life Blog post. Here's a list of things going on July 28-Aug. 3. The next post will be Tuesday, Aug. 4.
- And if you are in the convention and event business or affected by it, here's a look at upcoming conventions, horse shows, sporting events and more all in one place: the CVB's Convention Calendar.
Email Lillie-Beth Brinkman, the Chamber's Content Marketing Manager, at email@example.com if you have any questions about these, and she'll help connect you to the right person for answers.