If you want to learn about all kinds of happenings in Oklahoma City and at the Chamber don't miss this month's issue of the Chamber newsletter The POINT! In it, you'll find:
- Oklahoma City's tourism and convention industries are major drivers for the area's economy: They support $35,000 in the Oklahoma City metro area, with $969 million in payroll. The May issue of The POINT! explores the area's visitor industry in depth, noting that tourism generates $158 million in state tax revenue and $84 million in local tax receipts.
- The POINT! also explores Oklahoma City's recent retail recruitment success, with the announcement that H&M clothing is coming to Quail Springs Mall and that Vera Bradley and North Face are being added to the Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City. The story also notes that the Chamber, the City of Oklahoma City and other community development organizations are spreading Oklahoma City's message of retail success this week during the International Council of Shopping Centers ReCon in Las Vegas.
- Oklahoma City remains strong as a top city for college graduates, and the Chamber's InternOKC program is in place to strengthen those ties this summer. Don't forget to sign up your company's interns for the program. Go online to to register at the Greater Grads website.
- Progress is continuing on Metropolitan Area Projects (MAPS). Click here for an update.
- Learn about Oklahoma City's entrepreneurial community at the Chamber Forum on June 26.
Read about all this and more in the May issue of The POINT!