When five Sisters of Mercy first settled in present-day Konawa in 1884, they had a vision to educate and provide health care to Native American children in Indian Territory. Today, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy continues in Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, a 349-bed acute care hospital located at 4300 W. Memorial Road, and in more than 45 Mercy Clinics in the metro area.
Named an award winning hospital for birthing and comprehensive stroke services, Mercy is also a state leader in the treatment of cancer and breast imaging. Home to one of the largest groups of medical oncologists in Oklahoma, in 2016 Mercy opened the Coletta Building on its Oklahoma City campus, an $80 million, 86,000-square-foot facility designed with feedback from hundreds of patients and their family members. The building - which is named after Sister Mary Coletta Massoth, a visionary Sister of Mercy who moved the hospital from downtown to its present-day location in 1974 – is the first in the metro to combine all cancer and breast services under one roof and features more than $9.8 million worth of new, state-of-the-art equipment.
Recently named alongside Mayo and Scripps as one of the top five large health care systems in the country by Truven, a health analytics company, Mercy has also been named as a “Most Wired” provider for the 12th time by the American Hospital Association and one of “America’s Best Employers” for the second year in a row by Forbes magazine. In addition, Mercy opened the world’s first virtual care center in 2015, dedicated entirely to observing, caring for and treating patients using high-speed data and video connections.
Today, Mercy has 15 hospitals, 89 clinics, more than 250 physicians a 4,000 co-workers in the state of Oklahoma.