Oklahoma City already accounts for 18 percent of the state's total sales tax revenue. Recognizing that retail is a critical ingredient to a community's economic and social health, the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber and the City of Oklahoma City are committed to redeveloping the neighborhoods in Oklahoma City that are underserved in terms of retail and services.
And, because Oklahoma City is the nation's 3rd largest city in land area, we also have the opportunity to strategically expand retail options by working with developers to accommodate "destination" retail - those unique, one-of-a-kind stores that attract visitors not only from local neighborhoods but from the entire region.
To accomplish these goals, the Chamber's Community Redevelopment division focuses on:
- Providing data to retailers, brokers and developers
- Identifying available sites and spaces for retail development
- Building relationships with local and national real estate brokers, retailers and developers
- Facilitating the regulatory process for developers
- Identifying sources of public funding
- Identifying retail supply leakages in trade areas
- Recruiting targeted retailers and retail developers to Oklahoma City
Contact Jessica Herrera at (405) 297.8958 to discuss how your company will fit in Oklahoma City's vibrant retail market.
- Downtown - The Way Downtown is Supposed to Be (.pdf)
- Oklahoma City Then, Now and Coming Soon - New Investments in Oklahoma City Creating Remarkable Retail Environment (.pdf)
- Oklahoma City Retail Environment - Making Retail Success Simple (.pdf)
- Datasheet - Oklahoma City Datasheet (.pdf)
- Oklahoma City Core to Shore website