The Chamber supports legislation that will:
- significantly reform the state's class action lawsuit statutes.
- permit the admissibility of evidence of collateral source payments.
- adopt the "Transparency in Private Attorney Contracting Act" to establish policies and limits on the use of private contingency fee attorneys on behalf of the state.
- ensure the Oklahoma Evidence Code (section 2407) mirrors the Federal Rules of Evidence with regard to products liability and subsequent remedial measures.
- require that prior to any action, claim or motion for discovery against an officer, director, shareholder or member of a corporation or LLC, a judgment against the corporation or LLC must be unsatisfied.
For more information, please contact a member of our Government Relations staff.