Grow Oklahoma City companies and industries
Most new jobs come from companies and industries already in the region - those who have made a commitment to make Greater Oklahoma City their home. There is nothing more important than helping these companies grow and prosper and encouraging entrepreneurs to start new businesses in Oklahoma City. The base of strong existing companies and our strong business climate are reasons our area was ranked as one of the top metros in the U.S. for starting a business.
The Chamber's business retention and expansion efforts, alongside our entrepreneurial development programs, are at the heart of our economic strategy for Forward IV.
Moving Ahead: Our Action Plan
- Continue to target key industries and their supplier base for growth, including aerospace (public and private sector including Tinker Air Force Base and FAA), biosciences, energy, and our growing music, film and digital media industries.
- Maintain our efforts to assist companies with expansion and retention plans, helping them access incentives, workforce training, and other factors key to their success.
- Increase our support of entrepreneurial efforts that foster the start-up and early-stage growth of companies in high-impact sectors, making them more profitable and able to rapidly grow jobs.
- Expand our innovation capacity to introduce new products and services into the market by increasing the research at companies and universities, and by attracting early-stage capital.
- Ensure an infrastructure of shovel-ready sites throughout the region, including at Will Rogers World Airport.
For more information, or to get involved in Forward Oklahoma City, please contact Jana Mott at 405-297-8937.