What makes these fast-casual dining chains the top restaurants on Pinterest?
The infographic shows the top Pinterest restaurant brands by Followers, Buzz and Engagement.
Using PinLeague’s Pinterest Analytics Tool, we tracked many of your favorite fast-casual dining restaurants on Pinterest in 2012.
In the end, we picked 6 of the top restaurants on Pinterest and pitted them against each other in 3 main categories:
- Audience (who has the most Pinterest followers and who’s growing the fastest?)
- Buzz (who is the Pinterest community talking about most?)
- Engagement (which brand’s pins are getting the most repins, likes, and comments?)
Some of the results didn’t surprise us (spoiler: Chili’s and Panera made the top Pinterest restaurant list), while others were quite unexpected. However…
The MOST interesting insights come from diving into the driving forces behind each restaurant’s Pinterest performance – READ ON:
Let’s start at the beginning and work our way down..
- From the Follower Growth graph, it’s easy to see that Panera Bread held a lead throughout Q4 and still has the most total Pinterest followers.
- However, underdog Maggiano’s jumped from a distant 4th place to a close 2nd in just a few short months.
- The secret to Maggiano’s rise: Frequent promotion of their weekly “Pin It to Win It” contests. You can see when their campaigns ran based on the large 1-2 day follower gains.
- First, how we measure Buzz: We track how often a brand is mentioned by all Pinterest users. Brand Mentions are pins generated organically from a brand’s website, like when someone uses their “pin-it” browser bookmarklet.
- What the numbers tell us: You don’t need the most followers to generate the most buzz. With only 300 followers, Applebee’s earned more organic brand mentions than their competitors on Pinterest.
- The secret to Applebee’s popularity: a visually appealing, pinnable menu on their website including buttons to pin menu items.
- All Hail! With an incredibly high engagement rate of 98% and over 10,000 repins, we’re crowning Panera Bread as the reigning king of engagement for restaurants on Pinterest.
- A 98% Engagement Rate?! This means that 98% of Panera’s pins have at least 1 repin, like or comment. Not only is that impressive on its own, but it’s especially striking in comparison to the other Pinterest restaurants we tracked.
Want to see how you stack up on Pinterest against your competitors?
View the full, original post on the PinLeague Blog: http://pinleague.com/restaurants-on-pinterest-fast-casual-q4-2012/
Copyright PinLeague 2013. May only be republished with full credit given to PinLeague for the content and an authoritative, do-follow link back to the original source page, as linked in the article: Top Fast-Casual Restaurants on Pinterest [Infographic]