Wednesday, October 5, 2011
* Feed the hungry - more than 130,000 meals served in 2009; 36,000-plus grocery orders given
* Shelter families - Men's and Family Shelters provided over 29,000 nights of shelter
* Senior programs - We have 5 senior centers in Central Oklahoma that gives the elderly a place to call their own and a hot meal every day!
* Boys & Girls Club - Our Boys & Girls Club offers a safe, fun and educational place for at-risk children after school and during summer
* Disaster response - The Salvation Army is a first-line disaster response organization.
* Service - The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma provided aid to 160,000 in Central Oklahoma alone!
The Salvation Army is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. It's message is based on the Bible, and its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.Coming Events & News
*Boys & Girls Clubs open to community
Looking for a safe and encouraging environment for your child before and after school and during the summer break?
For $20 a year, they can become a part of The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club at SE 44th and Bryant in Oklahoma City. Besides participating in fun and sports, each child also receives homework assistance, craft lessons and character events.
For more information, call 405-677-4781.
*Follow us on Twitter & Facebook & Wordpress
Get daily tweets on what The Salvation Army Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area Command is doing in your area on Twitter.
Check out our daily blog at http://salvationarmyokc.wordpress.com/
Follow us at @SalvationarmyOK on Twitter or become a fan of Salvation Army Oklahoma City on Facebook and we look forward to hearing from you!
*DONATE to help
Monetary donations are the most critical need as supplies and personnel are mobilized.
• Donors are encouraged to give online at www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769).
• You can also text the word "STORM" to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word "Yes."*
• Checks should be sent to Disaster Gift Processing Center, PO Box 1959, Atlanta, GA 30301 and designated "2011 Hurricane Season."